Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snowmen

Henry's homework assignment for the week was to make a snowman.... and that my friends was the extent of the instruction we were given.  His teachers said to make a snowman out of whatever the kids wanted, to use their imagination... well this is great if you have a parent who has any artistic capabilities whatsoever.  The only thing I could come up with were styrofoam balls.  So we made a trip out to Concord Mills Mall yesterday so that we could shop at the only craft store I knew of - sad fact.  Anyway, while I was at work today, Brad assembled the snowman and of course, Kyra wanted to make one too.

After I got home, it was time to 'decorate' them... first Henry tried crayons, then marker... but when they didn't work, he made the switch to paint.
 




As you can see, he is VERY intent on detailing his snowman.  The thing on the side is his broom.  He also wound up with a carrot for a nose, a scarf, brown hair and ear muffs.


The finished creations!  Masterpieces, aren't they?



1 comment:

Katie said...

So cute!

FYI - I love Michael's for all my craft supplies and Wal Mart is decent also.