Saturday, July 18, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Last Sunday, I bought Kyra a Princess Bag of Hair Products... a brush, flat iron, curling iron and hair dryer that actually makes noise when you turn it on. Almost every day this week, she's had to "clean" my hair as she says.


While she does my hair, she sings songs about hair and after whacking my head once or twice, says she's sorry & kisses me. It's rather cute!


But then again, so is she!!



So this week at school, Kyra's class has been learning about families, which has given her a renewed interest in her baby dolls. As we were eating dinner the other day, she told us how Logan had a baby sister named Lily and she put diapers on the babies at school and that Ms. Tamara rubs Harris' back at nap time.

I saw this as my opportunity to further try to convince Brad that we needed more children and with the intent of using my children as pawns in this game, asked the kids, "Wouldn't you guys like to have a baby brother or sister?"

Henry said, "YES!" and then Kyra said, "Mommy, you should buy two babies!" Hmmm... perhaps I buy these kids too much???

A couple of nights later, as I was putting Henry to bed, I told him that Daddy's friend had a boat and asked if he wanted to go on the boat on Saturday. Henry raised his lip up, shook his head and said, "No... I don't want to."

I said, "Really why? You don't want to go for a boat ride?"

To which Henry replied, "No... not really... life on the river is really hard."