Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Teeth & Blue Tongues

We've had a very busy week here... Henry FINALLY lost his very first tooth! He already has 2 adult teeth growing in on the bottom and just a week or so ago, the baby teeth in front were not loose AT ALL! I actually made an appointment with the dentist to pull the baby teeth because the adult teeth had grown in so far. Guess I'll be canceling that appointment.

This tooth seemed like it became loose over night & then stayed loose FOREVER! He would not let anyone near it... which is kind of good because the thought of pulling it out made me want to hurl. I tried to bribe a few teachers at school to do it, but he wouldn't hear of it.


On Wednesday (October 7) he was fiddling with it at After School - using his tongue - and it just fell out. He was BEYOND excited!!! I think I'll always remember this because I was stuck at work until 9pm that night. I had to hear all about the tooth over the phone and it broke my heart. The tooth fairy was pretty generous though - $3... likely due to guilt!


On Saturday, Kyra and I had a total girl day. I raced to get her to gymnastics at 10am, only to discover that it ended last week... so we went and had our toes & nails painted... she chose orange as you can see below.


Then we met Kyra's best bud Sydney & her mom for lunch before heading to Disney on Ice. I was not prepared for the total chill in the arena due to the ice and if that wasn't enough, could not understand the fascination with the Snow Cone... I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the $15 Tinkerbell mug it came in! The girls rather enjoyed the color it turned their tongues too!


Here's a few pics from the show...




In other news - Henry had his first flag football game and sadly lost by a touch down. I'm told that all the boys took the defeat well EXCEPT for Henry! The kid has a serious competitive streak!!! No idea where he gets that from...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cute!!! I never realized how much Henry looks like you until I saw these pictures! How was Disney On Ice? Is it something that a two year old could handle, or should I hold off?

Danielle said...

I would hold off. In my opine, 2 year olds can't appreciate $20 tickets! And it was almost 2 hours long... but it was cute!