Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

Another Halloween - one we've been waiting for... if Kyra were to ask me one more time when she could go trick or treating, I might have lost my mind! And this from a child who I thought had the flu - turned out to be a virus which she in turn gave to me and I basically lost the majority of my voice yesterday. Honestly, I think the family liked that. Anyway, here are some pictures from our fun time.

My favorite Cheerleader & Indiana Jones...


Yes, sadly, the 80s rocker? Is my husband, who I might add, WANTED to dress up and CHOSE this!


No costume for Mommy!



Did I mention he purchased a heinous tattoo for his bicep??


And we are off...


Trick or Treating with the Neighbors...


Getting candy from a Witch Doctor - Henry actually 'got' her costume too!


Speaking of Henry, I had my first parent/teacher conference for 1st grade on Friday. His teacher told me I should start researching "Gifted Children" and that he was like a teacher's assistant because she could put him into small groups with children who weren't as smart as him, and he helped them without making them feel less smart. She was like "Um, not really sure what else to talk about?" I remain totally proud of that Boy!

2 comments:

Katie said...

WOW! Great teacher conference!!! What a wonderful thing to say about Henry!

And... I totally dig the 80's rocker costume!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Katie. And 'Rock on'. Danielle didn't mention that Henry saw the women with the scrubs and witch face and hat and said, "She's a witch doctor". Brilliant! I didn't pick up on that.