Saturday, July 5, 2008

Trip to NY - Days 1 - 3



We left for Rochester at 7:10am on Friday, June 27 with both kids & the dog.  We feared what a normally 12 hour trip might be like, but oddly, we made it to my dad's house by 8:30 that evening... not bad at all.  The kids were wound for sound, but eventually got settled in.

On Saturday, we went to Mema's (my mother).  She had squirt guns, bubble toys & a kiddie pool ready for them.  Did she tell me about the kiddie pool?  No - that is why they are in their underwear!  They didn't seem as bothered by it as I was!  HA!  Both Mema & Cousin Dave helped them "jump" in to the pool!  When they weren't outside in the pool, they were playing play doh with Mildy (my aunt, whose real name is Tammy, but whom the kids & I call Mildy - don't ask).  Kyra fell asleep in my arms around 4pm for a 2 hour nap... Henry hung on until almost 8 and then crashed in Mema's arms.  

On Sunday, we spent the afternoon with my Dad's side of the family... Brad took Michael, Steven, Joanne, Henry & Kyra outside for football while the rest of us chatted inside.  Unfortunately, I only have pictures from Saturday.

No comments: