Thursday, June 26, 2008

Graduation Day






Today was the first ever Pre K Graduation for School 4!!  It was to be from 2-4pm and we invited Ammy & Paw Paw to come too.  The kids walked in to the room, with their caps & gowns, Henry bringing up the rear!  Then they sang a song about a worm and yes, you guessed it, Henry played the worm.  Then Ms. Clara talked for a few minutes - mostly about how fast the last 6 months had flown by and how she'd never forget her first class.

Henry & Ms. Clara go way back - she used to work at the first daycare he ever went to when he was 10 weeks old and she a senior in high school... and since she lived one street over from us, she baby-sat him a couple of times - once calling us to come home because he wouldn't stop crying!  I wonder if he'll remember her.  I mean, he questions where she'll be when he goes to Kindergarten... he tells me that he loves her & will write her letters every day from Kindergarten... he counts the days until she returns from her vacations... I'd like to think he will.  I know we will!

After they got their diplomas, we had cake & then Henry asked if he could give Ms. Clara hug.... and by 2:45, we were done.  Henry's first graduation ceremony & celebration over in 45 minutes and another milestone in my son's life over.

Well, tomorrow we are off to Rochester, NY to visit the family.... back on July 6th.  Until then!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww! I want to cry! SO SAD! That will never happen to Mabel. I've decided!