Sunday, September 28, 2008

Something to do When You Don't Have Gas







I have been on empty for 3 days now.  The serious gas shortage in Charlotte is unreal, so with the exception of karate/dance classes yesterday, I haven't left the house in 3 days.  Brad was able to find some this morning, although he had to wait 20 minutes to get $50 max.... and that actually isn't that bad compared to how long some people were waiting last week.  I decided today that I really needed to think about what driving I do and so today, when Brad went in to the office, the kids and I had Art & Craft Time.

Brad's birthday is on Thursday, so we each made him a card, using construction paper, glitter, glue, stickers, markers.... whatever we wanted!  Then when our cards were done, the kids each used their water color paints to paint a picture for him.

I almost felt like Ms. Katie with this activity and the kids LOVED it.  Henry even said, "Mommy, aren't crafts fun?"  I'm going to try and do more craft like things with them again soon.  We spent 1.5 hours on all of this - I couldn't believe it... of course, as you can see by the last picture, Kyra got a little mad at me when I tried to help her!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay for crafts!!! You're such a good Mommy! And I bet Daddy is going to LOVE his cards and paintings!