Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some Things I've Learned

So here are a few things I've figured out over the last week or so:

1) Apparently only 8 people read my Blog... that is about 4 more than I thought, so that's pretty good.

2) I don't like kids! I love MY kids of course and if you are reading this, I probably like your kids, but I think kids are mean and I don't like any one else's kids!! Case in point - Henry came home last week & said that someone at school wouldn't let him play soccer at After School, because he couldn't kick. Thankfully, Henry was given the opportunity to show that he could kick, he kicked it far, so they let him play. I tried to talk to him about standing up for himself & that HE DECIDED to play; not that they LET him play... that they are not the boss of him & if HE WANTED to play, then he could. I said, "Because who is the boss of you?" And Henry said, "You are."

3) Sad days are a comin' at the James House.... Brad is making me clean out the attic of all baby toys, baby supplies, baby gear & baby clothes. We have so much stuff in the attic, it is impossible to get stuff OUT of the attic; a fact Brad points out every time he has to take down / put away Halloween or Christmas decorations. So I have to do it - I have to part with my baby stuff.... not all of it mind you - there will be things I know I simply wont be able to part with... but I absolutely dread having to do this. It will really break my heart. I only hope I can think of a good charitable organization to give my prized baby stuff too. I also wish I knew how to quilt - I'd love to have a couple of quilts made of each of my kid's clothes. Know anyone that does that?

4) Further to point #2 above, the time has come to move Kyra in to a real bed. She is still sleeping in the crib, which has been converted into a toddler bed... but with pillow, stuffed animals & blankets, she is running out of room in there. Now, I love her room - I think it is so pretty, but she is 2.5 years old and likely ready for a big girl room... but this crib has been a fixture in our house for over 5.5 years!! Not seeing it somewhere makes me so sad - Brad will HAVE to find room for that in the attic!!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Danielle, maybe you could just talk Brad into having another kid. That way you won't need to throw anything away... ? =)

Danielle said...

I tried that - believe me... except he got snipped last month, so I am officially out o'luck!

Katie said...

=(