Monday, May 11, 2009

"My Mother" by Henry James

One of the best things about KDG is the plethora of goodies they did with the kids for Mother's Day.  Henry was SO excited to give me each item - small heart shaped clay bowl he made in art, butterfly hand prints and a couple of cards - one with his picture in it.  They were all great!  I think my favorite was a fill in the blank that he was given, which he colored & then glued to a pink piece of paper.  It read as follows, with Henry's hand written answers (completely accurate) in italic:

My Mother
My Mother's name is Danielle.
My Mother is 37  years old.
My Mother's hair is brown.
My Mother likes to play with me.
My Mother's favorite food is vanilla ice cream with choc. syrup.
My Mother's favorite color is red.
I love my Mother!  Happy Mother's Day!
Love, Henry

Then today, perhaps in an effort not to be outdone, Kyra came home with a picture she drew for me for Mother's Day.  It was a picture of a pumpkin... and for the very first time, her drawing actually resembled exactly what she said it was!!