Saturday, May 23, 2009

Parenting at its Best






While I would give anything to have another child, because I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE babies, there is something wonderful about having a 6 year old and 3 year old who can entertain themselves.

Case in point - this afternoon after swim class - Henry and Kyra were very sweetly playing on the computer.  They have both rediscovered Thomas the Train (Henry was a HUGE and I mean HUGE fan of Thomas when he was Kyra's age) and were on the Thomas website.  So Brad and I laid down on the couch & recliner and took a bit of a cat nap.  We were in the next room, we would have heard screams, and it wasn't a deep sleep by any means.

At one point, Kyra came into the living room and asked me to play the Thomas Matching Game with her... half asleep, I think I said, "Yes Honey, set it up" and she did.  A few minutes later, at least I think it was a few minutes, she said, "Henry do you want to play Thomas Matching Game with me?" and Henry said rather loudly, "Yes, Kyra I will play with you because I do not want you to play all by yourself."  

Cat nap over!  

Of course, now that the two of them have fallen asleep, you don't see me trying to get them to play with me!  No, on the contrary, I've got close caption working on the TV and am about to turn the telephone ringer off!!

2 comments:

Judi said...

The pictures are worth a thousand words! But your narrative along with it is great. I hope you enjoyed the closed-captioned television! Three cheers for napping!

Katie said...

LOL! Henry cracks me up! Yes, I'm looking forward to the days when the children entertain themselves... in the meantime I'll enjoy this time with them too, because I know it goes by all too fast!