Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fizzy Tub Colors




So last week, I bought some new Elmo Bubble Bath & it came with 3 "Fizzy Tub Colors."  The tub colors come in red, yellow & blue and are these big tablets that dissolve in the water, and turn the bath water into whatever color you want to make.  My kids LOVE these things!!!  Every night I ask, "what color bath do you want to take today?"  We've made purple, green, orange plus the primary three and they are beyond excited to pick out their tablets & drop them in the water! 

I took a few pictures of bath time today so you could see - tonight was blue.  

The last pic was taken at an angle to avoid any inappropriate nudity!  :)

So then I put Kyra to bed.  Our routine is that we read a few books while sitting in the rocking chair together, and then we turn on our Baby Einstein Classical Music and "snuggle" for 2-3 songs (ie., I rock her).  Then I put her in her crib (awake mind you) and out I go.  Tonight after we turned on the music, she said, "Put Kyra in bed."  I said, "You don't want to snuggle?"  And she said, "No.  Put Kyra in bed."  

My heart as you can imagine, was broken... she didn't want to snuggle with me?  How is that possible?  She's only 2!  Or was this a sign, I wondered, that she was ready for a big girl bed?  She is after all, 2 years old & still in a crib!  As I put her in the crib, and covered her with the quilt that Mrs. Withee had made for Henry over 5 years ago, she said, "Kyra nuggle Mommy."  Then got up and reached her arms out to me.

And the world was once again as it should be!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awwwww! Kyra loves her mommy! =)