Thursday, April 17, 2008

Red Robin




To celebrate Henry's actual birthday, we took him to his favorite restaurant for dinner, "Red Robin."  We were in luck, because The Red Robin himself makes appearances on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30 to 8pm.  Henry and Kyra were SO excited when RR walked around the dining area.  They said "HI" to him at least 1000 times, gave him hugs & kisses & waved to him all night long.  

The BEST part was when RR brought out a sundae and the staff sang Happy Birthday to Henry.  He initially commented that he didn't like cherries, which prompted a mini-lecture from yours truly on manners & being grateful... but as I was paying the bill, a much smaller amount compared to the 250 I gave to Monkey Joe's last weekend, my precious son said and I quote, "Mommy, this is the best birthday party I ever had!"

When we got home, I let him open one of his presents (he'll get the other one on Saturday, when we host both sides of the family for his family party).  It was a Tar Heel football outfit, complete with helmet, which he immediately put on and then staged a Carolina vs. Michigan football game in the hallway!!  

I still can't believe my first born child is 5 years old!!  I don't know where the time has gone.  When I put him to bed last night, he said, "Are you sad that I'm getting big?"  I told him I sure was, to which he said, "That's OK Mommy.  I'll always stay with  you.  I'll be a painter when I grow up and I'll paint you something ever day and never leave."  Do you think he'll remember telling me that?  I know I will.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Aww... I'm crying.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we'll see how that pans out. I thought I'd stay with my parents forever until they took out the restraining order. Brad