Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Run, Run as Fast as You Can






On Sunday, the kiddies and I attempted to create our first Gingerbread Masterpiece - a Christmas Tree!  I'll be honest - I bought this kit last year, after Christmas, when it was about 75% off... so when we opened it the other morning, the icing was a tad on the hard as a rock side and a couple of the "limbs" had broken.... but a little kneading of that icing brought it back to life and well, year old icing will glue just about anything together.

The kids had a great time and were determined to use every piece of candy provided on their tree.  Of course, every time I walk by this masterpiece, I do wonder if it will last another day... it has a bit of a lean to it!  Likely caused by the fact that I can barely assemble a house of cards, let alone a tree of gingerbread!!

No comments: