Sunday, April 12, 2009

Disney Day #4

We learned our lesson on Monday, so on Tuesday, I got up at 5:15am so that we could be at Magic Kingdom right at 7am when it opened.  Now I should mention that I'm barely able to drag myself out of bed at 5:45 to go to work, but to avoid a crowd, yes, I was perfectly willing to get up a half hour earlier.

Remember also how we needed jackets last night?  Well it was FREEZING out on Tuesday - and I mean runny nose, hands like ice, really windy, positively freezing!  So we had to move fast... when we first got to the Magic Kingdom, we got to meet my favorite, Mary Poppins!  

I have to admit, with the exception of the dress & hat, this girl looked nothing like Mary Poppins!


We were able to walk on to every ride with no wait - the only benefit of a 7am arrival.  One of the kids favorite?  The Mad Hatter Tea Cups - I must have rode this ride at least 5 times.


Outside of the Tea Cups was the White Rabbit - the kids don't know Alice in Wonderland, but they didn't care!


Other favorites were Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White's Scary Adventure - I think Kyra and I rode that ride at least 3 times each day we were in MK.

This one cracks me up - how happy does Brad look to be riding It's a Small World??


By noon, Magic Kingdom was seriously packed, so we headed back to the hotel for warmth and a much needed 2.5 hour nap!!!  And when I say much needed - I mean by everyone!!!

No comments: