Friday, April 24, 2009

Henry's Birthday - Part 1

As if not finding time to post about Easter wasn't bad enough, I haven't found the time to post about one of the most special days in my life!  Super Bad Mommy!!

Last week Henry turned 6 years old.  I can not believe that my first born child is SIX!!  I still get weepy when I think about his birth and I can still remember every minute of that day!!  Henry was SO excited for his birthday.  He reminded not only me & Brad, but his teachers and classmates, all week long that his birthday was on Friday.  It was all he could talk about.

Sadly, my main man came down with yet another bout of strep throat on the day before his birthday!!!  So he could not go to school on Friday.  As bummed as he was about that, he was equally happy to spend the day at home with me, watching Scooby Doo and playing Wii!  My mother flew in for the weekend too, which always makes my kids happy!




Henry was SO EXCITED to get the Connect Four game... he loves this game.  So I played with him - I played about 5 games with him and that stinker won 4 of the 5.  Brad played 3 games with him & they tied one, and each won one.  My mom played a few games with him and lost every game to him.  He is REALLY good at this game... I don't know how he does it because I'm older, one would think I'm smarter and I should win!!!  I think I'll challenge him to a rematch tonight!  Honestly, I have no idea where the kid gets his competitiveness from!   



No comments: