Sunday, April 12, 2009

Disney Day #5

On Wednesday, the temperature in Orlando was still very cold, especially when you hit a theme park at 7am!  I actually had to go out Tuesday night and buy the kids a pair of pants from an outlet store - thankfully I had brought sweatshirts!

When you get to Magic Kingdom that early, they have about 5 or 6 characters out for you to meet.  So this morning, we spent time with Pinocchio and Chip & Dale.... and both kids were hitting Pinocchio's shoes!


Again, we were able to walk on every ride with little to no wait.  Henry's favorite today was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.  Around 11am, we got a spot on Main Street, some popcorn and waited for the Parade - my favorite!  Now it was getting really warm out and again, by the time the parade ended around 12:30, the park was packed so we headed back to the hotel.


The kids really wanted to go swimming so we spent about 2 hours in the pool, which was nice as long as you were under the water!  All of Disney's pools are heated to 80 degrees, but the temperature outside was more like 70, so you kind of froze if you weren't submersed in the water!


That night, we had reservations for dinner at Chef Mickey.  Kyra passed out on the bus ride to the hotel...


Against my better judgement of never waking a sleeping child, I did wake her up to meet Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy & Mickey!





I suggested that the kids ask Goofy to do the Hot Dog Dance... and I swear if I didn't know better, Goofy was giving me a dirty look!!!


The kids hit Mickey's shoes too... he pretended to laugh but you have to wonder if these characters don't get a little annoyed with kids like mine!


No comments: