Thursday, April 30, 2009

Henry's Birthday - Part 3

Last Saturday, we hosted a birthday party for a few of Henry's friends from school.  For the first time, we had it at our house... now, a bunch of kids in my house is not exactly MY idea of fun, so I really  worried how to make this party fun for them.  Then believe it or not, I came up with the idea of doing a pirate party & a treasure hunt in our yard.  Honestly, I can't believe I thought of it because I'm about the least creative person I know.

So I got each kid a pirate hat and had two crafts for them - color your own pirate bandana and then make your own pirate medallion.  I wish I took a picture of the dining room before the kids got in there - it was decorated really well if I do say so myself!!  Here are a few pics of the kids coloring.




Two minutes into it, one little boy said, "I'll finish this at home... what's next?"  So we moved on to the medallions and then went outside for the treasure hunt.


Brad actually thought up 6 or 7 clues, all of which rhymed, and he used coffee to stain the paper & then dried them with a blow dryer, which made the clues look old and weathered.  Very cool... he is VERY creative!  The treasure they were hunting were the goodie bags, which were well stocked I might add... some of which was chocolate candy that melted in the heat, but I digress!


I've mentioned that Henry is a HUGE fan of chocolate and frosting right???  I do wonder where the boy gets that from?!?!?!



I think the kids really did have fun, even if they spent the last half hour upstairs playing Wii!!

These next few pictures I took on Sunday morning - mostly because Kyra was being rather silly but insanely cute!!!



1 comment:

Katie said...

LOVE IT! What a great idea to host a pirate party!!!