Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Day of School

I can't believe tomorrow is Henry's last day of KDG.  I remember writing a post before his first day of school - stressed about what I'd packed in his lunch, worried about how he'd do, worried about what his teacher would be like, still worried that we should have sent him to private school instead of public.  I worked from home that first day, so that I had plenty of time to walk him in and pick him up early.  It is amazing how fast this school year has gone by, how much he's grown, how much smarter he is now then he was then (and I didn't think that was even possible).

Henry was IN LOVE with his Pre K teacher.  She was his babysitter when he was an infant - we followed her to a second daycare even!  I remember how sad I was at Pre K graduation - she was moving to Chicago and Henry wouldn't see her anymore.  I didn't think anyone could take her place.

Then KDG started and Henry spent all of his days with Ms. Fentress and Ms. Floto.  They've been so wonderful to him - accepting his quirks, appreciating his personality, admiring & encouraging his work..... and again I find myself believing that no one will ever take their place... but secretly praying that someone will.

Because I want each year to be better than the one before... so good bye KDG...

Hello Summer Camp... of course, I need more water bottles and sun screen... does Henry have enough light colored t-shirts?  He isn't a good swimmer - will they watch him?  What about his ear plugs?

Always something new for a mother to worry about, huh?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I guess so... always something for us to worry about. But we always get through it, don't we?