Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Surprises

Today was a rather busy day!  First we had dance class at 10am... how this bunch of 2 year olds will be ready for a 'recital' in 2 months is beyond me.

At 11:15am, we had swim class.  I am SO PROUD of Henry - he was REALLY and I mean REALLY scared to take swim lessons.  Initial fear is very big with him - but my rule is, you have to try it one time - if you really hate it, then you don't have to go back.  Last week was actually the first class (you'll remember that Kyra wasn't feeling well so she didn't go) and he LOVED it!  He talked about swim class all week!  I was so happy!  He and Kyra were really excited to go today & lucky for me, they are in the same class.



Odd picture, but she's giving him a hug, I swear!


OK, she might be pinching him in this one... 


When we got home from swim, we decided to bake a cake - just for the heck of it!  Yes, I let my kids eat sugar - special treats we call them, after a successful meal.  I grew up with desserts so I will not deprive my children of the stuff!




Then at 3pm, we went to our neighbor Gavin's 2nd birthday party.  It was Nemo themed... the kids enjoyed the blue cupcakes and their goody bag?  FISH!  Real live gold fish.  I'm proud to introduce Reeces (Henry's) and Sammy (Kyra's).  They chose the names before we had even left the party!


I put them in a flower vase I found and Brad went to Harris Teeter for fish food... I'm secretly hoping they depart this earth before we leave for Disney World next Saturday!  It was all I could do to find a dog sitter!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOL at Kyra pinching Henry. The look on her face is sooo funny! She's really trying to get him!