Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow Day #2











On Sunday night, Charlotte got another winter storm!  It had been raining all day and right about 7pm, the rain turned to snow.  It proceeded to snow until well past 11pm, when I went to bed.  From 7pm until his 8:30 bedtime, Henry asked "Do I have to go to school tomorrow?" at least once per minute... thankfully, about 10:00, Mr. G the Principal called to tell us that school had been cancelled.  Henry was SO excited when he woke up Monday morning.

Imagine our surprise at once again the unbelievable amount of snow we received.  This snow was different from last month... last month it was fluffy and light.  This snow was heavy & ice like.  We took the kids outside for a long time and Brad even found a sled in our attic - I didn't even know we had one!!!

We built a Snowman... or Snow Shrek as we called him.  Sadly, he was a bit top heavy & when we drove by him the next day, he had tipped right over, but was still intact... because even though the sun came out on Monday and Tuesday, it didn't completely melt all the snow.  In fact, I'm looking out the front window now and I can still see some small remains from Monday's adventure!!

I've enjoyed our 2 days of snow this year, mostly because the kids don't get to experience the fun that can be had in the snow!  But I've got to tell you - it is supposed to be 70 on Saturday (yes, 5 days after our winter storm) - and I will enjoy that even more!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

What an awesome snow Shrek!