Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby Doll



OK, so early today I mentioned how Kyra got a new baby doll for her birthday right?  Well, later this afternoon, Henry asked if he could have a baby doll!  I said yes, because I didn't want to get into "dolls are for girls, how about a truck" discussion and quite honestly, I thought he was maybe just feeling left out.
We spent a few hours at Birkdale today, showing Mema how pretty it is there.  We had lunch & then dropped her off at the airport.  When we got home, Kyra wanted to go outside to play and Henry asked about his baby doll.  So we went outside, where he played basketball for over 30 minutes.
I decided then that my son was a well rounded, caring boy & if he wanted a baby doll, I had to get him one - I mean, I had said yes, so I couldn't go back on my word either.  We went to Target & I chose a boy doll... he said no because it didn't have a bottle.  I then reached for a cabbage patch doll & he said, "Ewww - no, Mommy - I don't want THAT one!"  We settled for a girl baby doll, who was wearing purple.  He was VERY excited... Brad couldn't watch.  He went to the automotive section of the store.  When we got home, Henry proceeded to feed his baby.... and now, he's back to playing basketball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That means he will be a GREAT DAD someday!!!

Katie said...

I TOTALLY AGREE anonymous! Kudos to you and Brad! Not many parents would allow their son to have a baby doll and I have never understood the issue! What a great way for ALL children to learn about taking care of others, not only physically but emotionally as well... I'm so excited!