Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!






Today Brad and I hosted his mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving dinner.  This is our 2nd year doing this - the Drum family gets together for Thanksgiving dinner every year, but normally, my MIL plays host.  The Drum family is very big - we easily had 25 people here today and not everyone came - so last year, we offered to host and I think have started a new tradition.  

It's funny - Brad and I have very specific childhood traditions that we followed every year, but since getting married, we haven't really been able to recreate any or start any new ones... so it is kind of exciting to take over this annual role.

Henry and Kyra were very excited to have a house full of people - as you can see, they were sitting by the front window, waiting for Ammy & Paw Paw to get here.... and they had so much fun with their second cousins!!  The food was great - and apparently, especially our bird!!!  People were raving about it!  I was shocked, because I'm normally a pretty bad cook!  I found the recipe for the turkey & cornbread dressing.  I made the dressing & Brad prepared the bird... I checked & basted it each hour and was rather fearful that we had over cooked it, but apparently not!  What a team we are over here!!!

And I've said this before - but how friggin cute is Kyra's outfit?  Before she had an accident that is?  Thanks Mia!!!

No comments: