Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat






So here is a tip - when you decide to purchase a Halloween costume on sale the week after Halloween (to save yourself 60%), you might not want to wait until the day before the next Halloween to pull the costume out of the closet.... because then you'll realize that the Tinkerbell costume you are so excited about has no wings or wand... and you probably wouldn't care until SOMEBODY points out that your kid has a lame costume.... and then you'll send your husband to Target to try to find wings or a wand on Halloween day and of course, there will be none.

Thankfully, Kyra didn't care.  I'm not sure what she & Henry liked better - going trick or treating or handing out the candy to those that came to the door.... and at 7:00 this morning, I heard them taking inventory of their loot.  

It actually reminded me of my childhood Halloweens... born to be an accountant I guess, the day after always involved my sorting out my candy & taking a written inventory of every candy bar, lollipop and piece of gum.  My brother would trick-or-treat for hours and always had a HUGE stash of candy, which he was kind enough to let me inventory too... yea, I ate some when he wasn't looking!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Well, I think it's a cute costume. I could tell right away that she was Tinkerbell. And what a cute Captain Hook!