Sunday, August 3, 2008

24 Hours Free


Yesterday at 11am, I dropped Henry & Kyra off at Ammy & Paw Paw's so that Brad and I could enjoy roughly 24 hours free of children.... we don't do this often at all, but last night we had tickets to see Cheap Trick, Heart & Journey!  Yes, I did sort of force my husband to attend this 80's band reunion of sorts, but even he admitted that it was a great show - even if it took us a while to optically accept the new lead singer of Journey!

We met the kids at 11am - Brad and I got there first.  When I saw them enter, I stood up & waved so they could see us.  My children came RUNNING to me, squealing with delight!!  Henry jumped up in my arms & was hugging me so tight!  Kyra was grabbing at my leg as she continued to squeal.  I heard my father in law tell the waitress, "We only had them for one night" and I think I heard my mother in law tell her, "You'd think we were beating them..."

Now, we've left our kids with them before - not often... maybe 2-3 times a year and normally, I call about every 2-3 hours.  The last 24 hours was really a break through for me because I never called once!  I'm so proud of myself.... it's only taken 5 years!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! A night to yourselves! I'm TOTALLY jealous by the way, that you went to an 80's concert! I would've loved it. Next time think of me... Brad won't mind! =)