Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mommy & Henry Day





About 3 weeks ago, I asked Henry if he wanted to have a "Henry & Mommy Day."  I told him I'd take the afternoon off from work and we'd do something special, just the 2 of us, before school really got started.  He was very excited.  I suggested Carowinds, but he actually wanted to go to the Lazy 5 Ranch.... which I thought was a great idea and we chose today to be our special day.

However, we've had about 6+ inches of rain in the last 24 hours and for fear of getting rained on, not to mention all the mud that must be at Lazy 5, I decided we needed to do something indoors.  The movies would have been good, but there is nothing out now for him to see.  Chuck E. Cheese was NOT an option & neither was Monkey Joe's as I wanted this to be something we could do together.  So I suggested Discovery Place and Henry was all game for that.

But this morning, I really didn't want to drive uptown, so I suggested bowling.  Well, Henry just thought that was the best idea ever!  We bowled FOUR GAMES... honestly I thought it would never end!

This last picture is of the scoreboard after our first game - we tied at 91.  How sad is that?  I got better & won the 2nd game (but seriously, only by like 20 points).  For fear of a total breakdown, I let him win the 3rd, which believe me, is really hard to do with those bumpers!!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Aww! I love that idea. Having a special day just for the two of you! Very nice!