Sunday, August 10, 2008

Naps Be Gone



So yesterday, I realized that despite what they say at School, Kyra NO LONGER naps!!  This is a rather harsh reality to accept... Henry took naps until he was at least 4 and even now, if he is tired & we tell him he has to have quiet time, he will fall asleep.

Kyra on the other hand, fights a nap like I've never seen!  I told her she had to have quiet time, gave her books, turned on her music and out I went.  I checked on her 3 times.  The first time, she was changing her shoes; the second time, she was putting on a pair of pink sweat pants; and the third time, she wasn't even in her room, but in the play room, rolling up my yoga mat.  At that point, I gave up & we played Play-Doh.

Henry did take a nap yesterday because we had tickets to the Panther's preseason football game (courtesy of a co-worker of mine).  He had a BLAST!!  It was all he could talk about last night and this morning!  Brad let him get his face painted, which he was very excited about and this morning, when he woke up, he said, "Mommy, let's talk about the football game... did you see me on TV?"

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH NO! I dread the day...