Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Very Tired Mommy




So remember I said how Henry and I snuggle on Fridays & Saturdays?  It sounds cute right?  Hmmm - in theory only I think.  

You do learn a lot about your child when you sleep with them.  I now know that Henry grinds his teeth in his sleep and between the hours of 2 and 4:30am, he tosses and turns like a ship at sea.  How do I know this?  Because when he tosses & turns, he kicks or hits my back, neck, legs, ribs, arms and/or stomach!  At 4:45am, I wised up and put a pillow between us.  At 5:30, he woke and tried to move the pillow... and at 5:50, we heard the sound of tiny flip-flops and Kyra joined us.

She crawled into bed & immediately said, "Henry, let's go in de payroom."  To which he responded, "We have to wait until morning."  Morning apparently came 10 minutes later and this is how I found them a few minutes ago...

2 comments:

Katie said...

I feel your pain. I just need some time to myself to sleep. All I want is some sleep!

Why do those payrooms have to be so darned fun?

Anonymous said...

I slept just fine in the guest bedroom. Brad