Friday, August 1, 2008

The Letter

It is hard to believe that it is already August 1st.  August 1st is a special day for me.  It is my anniversary at Bank of America (13 years now).  It is the anniversary of my very first "get together" with Brad - I went to his house in NoDa for a cook-out and then we went to Gallery Crawl... we've been together ever since; 12 years now.  Yikes!  And then today I got the Letter and another anniversary was born.

Today we got the Letter from JV Washam Elementary notifying us that Henry's first day of Kindergarten would be Tuesday, August 26 and that his teacher would be Mrs. Fentress.  I was so excited!!  We've been getting all kinds of literature from the School - information about school lunches, volunteer opportunities, PTA, but this was the Letter we were waiting for because this confirmed it all!

But as the afternoon wore on, I got kind of sad... it is just so hard to believe that my first born child is already going to Kindergarten.  Where has the time gone?  I mean, I can so clearly remember the first time I ever held him, like it was yesterday... I was in the recovery room, crying over the dimple in his chin.  My dad & brother have the exact same dimple in their chin.  And here I am 5 years later, crying over a Letter.  

This has been the greatest 5 years of my life and it is so hard to believe that it is going to change in 25 days... change in a way that I don't think I fully understand yet.  Hopefully, the tears I'm shedding now will save my son any embarrassment for tears I may shed on the 26th.  The countdown has begun.

1 comment: